Monday 22 July 2013

Jewellery Rings Images

Jewellery Rings  Images Biogarphy

Source(google.com.pk)
One of my objectives is to introduce the various African groups that I have selected to my students. My goal in introducing these groups is to stir interest in my students to know more about themselves and their heritage. These groups include; the people from the Saharah Desert, The people from the Savannah and the people from Equatoria. We will be discussing how these people live, what their customs are and how all this relates to my students directly and indirectly. Another objective I have is to discuss the history each group possesses, such as religious background and customs. Reading material and visuals such as pictures I have found of the people in these groups will help stir an interest in my students to ask questions and get involved. Because of the short period of time I get to spend on each lesson, I will concentrate on each objective separately. My third goal is a hands-on experience which will give them a clearer sense in what they are doing. My objective for this part of my unit is not only to create the jewelry, but to learn technique, create and use tools for making the jewelry and to brainstorm ideas on the making of the jewelry.
I feel that there is a great need to get my students involved in the history of their people. They really do not know enough about themselves, their culture and how beautiful the designs and patterns their people have created throughout history. I would like my students to come away from this unit with a better understanding of themselves and a clearer picture of what exists right before them.
Organization is a large part of putting this unit into motion as there are so many parts that go into the history and aesthetics of the jewelry of Africa.
1. Gathering general information on Africa such as, books, pictures, a piece of African art.
2. Putting together information that pertains to the group I am discussing. Religious beliefs, reasons for materials used in making jewelry in that area; Ornamental pieces and how and where they are worn. How the jewelry is made, what materials are used, etc..
3. How to plan the actual making of the jewelry, what materials to supplement, if needed, and how much
4. Other things like glossaries, a bibliography and important footnotes also need to be included in the organization of this unit.
VI. Similarities and differences
There are many similarities and differences that come from the three regions I am discussing in my unit. For many, religion plays a huge part in group tradition. For instance, many groups wear jewelry to prevent harm from coming to them or their families. Jewelry is also handed down from mother to daughter as part of a girls dowry. Bartering jewelry is another similarity that is used by many groups for the exchange of cloth, glass beads and food. So many groups believe in the evil spirit and protect themselves by wearing pendants and amulets.
Different kinds of metals rank high on the priority list of various groups. Gold is considered bad luck or �work of the devil�, among the desert people so silver is the only metal worn. Glass and shells are valued for their association with protection and fertility and are worn by slaves and used as hair ornaments by Moorish women. As for the people of the Savannah region, gold is used most lavishly and hair sculpture is a sign of a woman�s status and reflects the different stages in her life. Her hair is greased with butter and decorated with glass beads and metals. One of the most precious materials that is used in the equatorial region is ivory. This is held to be very sacred. Only kings were allowed to wear ivory in earlier days of the settlers. Now, tradition still holds that only people of importance wear ivory.

Jewellery Rings  Images
Jewellery Rings  Images

Jewellery Rings  Images

Jewellery Rings  Images

Jewellery Rings  Images

Jewellery Rings  Images

Jewellery Rings  Images

Jewellery Rings  Images

Jewellery Rings  Images

Jewellery Rings  Images

Jewellery Rings  Images

No comments:

Post a Comment